HAPPY NEW YEAR FRIENDS!
How were your new years celebrations?
I was lucky enough to spend the last evening of 2011 with friends and family- we ate, drank and toasted marshmallows! It was the perfect low-key evening!
And for a few days between Christmas and New Year we headed down to the very picturesque Polruan in Cornwall to spend some time with my lovely in-laws..
We're very lucky to have such a gorgeous place to stay:
Just stunning isn't it?
But being down in the peaceful tranquillity of Cornwall gave Mr A and me some time to think about what we are looking forward to and what we would like to achieve in 2012. New Years resolutions aren't usually something I think too much about- I just think you're setting yourself up for failure.. But thinking about the things we would like to achieve in our future is a much easier way to think about it...
So this year I would like to
- be a better blogger!
- get a better 'work/out of work/spending time with Mr A' life and being consistent with this
- worry less about what other people think of me
- find my way back to NYC
- make the time to cook more
- get back into a fitness routine (and stick to it although I would imagine that this forms the basis of 90% of the world's new years resolutions..)
perhaps more randomly:
- jump out of a plane. I wanted to do this as it's my 30th year and it's on my bucket list!
and ideally (perhaps dreaming..):
- manage to sell our current place (is anyone in the market for a lovely flat in Gloucestershire) and buy an actual proper grown-up house.
what's on your to-do list this for 2012?